Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Wonderland Today; Beach Paradise Tomorrow.

Talofa!

I'm sitting in bed with my new beautiful new puppy, Cocoa, and I wonder how I'm going to leave this wonderful life I live in Vermont and New York. Snow is everywhere, and unfortunately it has messed with my travel plans...again. Instead of leaving for JFK at 2am tonight, I will be flying out of JFK at 9am on Thursday. On the bright side I will have a travel buddy in that a girl from my group is on the same flight! I'm trying to look at the snow as a blessing in disguise because traveling will be so much easier and more enjoyable with a new friend. 

Arriving in Tivoli yesterday was bittersweet. I'll talk about the sweet side first. Walking into Luna was wonderful and "home-cooked" meals will be one of the things I will miss most. My parents were waiting for me and my dad had already made me some delicious tacos :) Sometimes I forget how good I have it at home. I was eager to get home because I had not yet been home with the new puppy. Her name is Cocoa, she's 8 weeks old, and we got her from a pitbull rescue foundation nearby. Having a puppy at home makes leaving a little harder and she is just so wonderful and gets along great with the rest of the  pack. So the bitter part was leaving my amazing friends and family in Burlington. I had an incredible last few days in Burlington and I wish I could bring you all with me. Saying my goodbyes was tough, especially to a special one who will not be there next year, but I know it is just "see you later." 

So the next time you will be hearing from me, I'll be either in Hawaii or Samoa.  I'm anxious to do this thing already and I am looking forward to telling you guys (and girls) about the stories to come!

"Live the Life you Love, Love the Life you Live"

 Peace and Love- Dylan







No comments:

Post a Comment